How to Apply for PartnerCorps: School Turnaround or PartnerCorps: STEM
STEP 1: Berea College PartnerCorps Application
1. Send an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please submit electronic, not paper, copies. In your cover letter, list the schools you are interested in serving with. For information about Partners for Education AmeriCorps opportunities visit http://partners.berea.edu.
2. Select applicants will be contacted by Partners for Education staff to schedule and complete a pre-screen phone interview.
3. Select candidates will be contacted by Partners for Education staff to schedule and complete an in-person, phone, or Skype interview.
4. Select candidates will be notified that they have been selected as a candidate for an AmeriCorps position pending results of the required AmeriCorps background check and the submission of their AmeriCorps electronic application.
STEP 2: National AmeriCorps Electronic Application
Candidates also need to complete the official AmeriCorps application online. There are three steps in the AmeriCorps online application 1) Register and create a MyAmeriCorps account 2) Complete the Application through MyAmeriCorps 3) Apply for specific AmeriCorps positions.
1. Register an account on the AmeriCorps website.
b. Click on the blue ‘Visit Now’ button in the My AmeriCorps box to the right of the page.
c. Click on ‘Apply to Serve’ in red.
d. A window will pop up and ask you for registration information.
e. AmeriCorps will send you a confirmation email once you complete the first step, registration.
f. Follow the link in the email to confirm your account registration and create a login.
2. Complete the application through the MyAmeriCorps website
a. Login to MyAmeriCorps.
b. Click on the ‘References’ link in the top left corner.
c. Complete the forms for at least two references and click submit at the bottom to send the reference form via email.
d. Click on the ‘Application’ link in the top left corner.
e. Complete all the sections of the application. Enter NA for any section that does not apply to you. Do not leave any answer blank.
f. Once you reach the reference section of the application you will need to select the references you entered by clicking on the box next to the reference. Your application will not be complete unless you finish this step.
3. Apply for a specific Program.
a. PartnerCorps School Turnaround and PartnerCorps STEM listings for the 2014-2015 school year are not currently active in MyAmeriCorps. All candidates who complete Step 1 will be notified once the link becomes active.
b. Kentucky College Coaches and TASK AmeriCorps VISTA programs are sponsored by Northern Kentucky University and will be listed through their listings. All candidates who complete Step 1 will be notified once the links for Berea related positions become available.
For questions about AmeriCorps or information about the Berea College process call (859) 985-4036.
For technical assistance with the national MyAmeriCorps system, call the National Service Hotline at 1-800-942-2677.