“All Appalachian Kentucky youth will succeed in school.”
Founded to realize Berea College’s 8th Great Commitment, “To serve the Appalachian region primarily through education but also by other appropriate services,” Partners for Education utilizes a place based, student focused approach to improve educational outcomes in Appalachian Kentucky.
We believe a well-coordinated collaboration of partners working with families, implementing research-based programs cradle to career while closely monitoring results will improve the educational outcomes of children and young adults. We develop partnerships, braid services and align funding streams to optimize our impact.
Our work is based on these fundamental beliefs:
- All children and young adults should have an educational advocate to assist them in navigating each step on their journey to a career.
- All children and young adults should have access to educational experiences, both in school and out-of-school, to prepare them for success in college.
- All young adults should have access to a high-quality, affordable post-secondary education.
- All families should have the opportunity to develop the skills and networks necessary to ensure their child’s educational success.
- All communities should develop a cradle-to-career educational pipeline that ensures each child and young adult has the experiences, supports and opportunities needed to achieve academic success.